Friday, March 17, 2006

Decompressing Faith: A Few Things...

Second - and I may be the last to have heard of this - have you ever heard of Matisyahu? If not, ask your adolescent or teenaged kids. I saw his video on a music video channel called Fuse and I was so very impressed. Imagine a Hasidic Jew Reggae artist...if that sounds strange (which it is), and in case you think I'm crazy - his album "Youth" is the #1 most downloaded album at iTunes right now. If you visit his website and can tolerate reggae music, be sure to check out the Video section and watch "The New King Without a Crown Video"...it's completely appropriate for Christian viewers (I'll stick the lyrics for it into my next post). Also read his bio...interesting journey. If you wonder why I'm giving this a shout-out, it's because I will get behind anything cool and new that glorifies G-d and gives hope to the people of this world (especially teens). Jewish or not, he still points to THE ONE. I think he's totally clever and I appreciate that POD has worked with him on their latest album, "Testify".
<